Thursday, January 21, 2010

Craziness In My Head!

I'm out of school for the week yay! I have a three day weekend to do homework and go out with my friends. I have decided today in my math class that college is no help whatsoever. I attend a junior college to get me general education finished. Let me say it is exactly like high school all over again except with twenty-million people and teachers who really don't give a rats ass if you show up or not. I have been at Moorpark College for a year and a half now and sorry to say that I utterly hate it. I have had a select few of teachers who have been epic but more have been failures. They cannot teach to save their lives, never showed up, or always talked in the same monotone of voice. Not to mention the administration is no help. The people in the office are incredibly rude, except the student workers which are nice. I'm talking about the old people who don't care and just work for their checks. The financial aid office took away my help because my family makes too much money. WTF? You think 80,000 bucks for a family of five is too much? Get real, when almost 3/4 of that is for bills every year. Not to mention the cost of tuition and books as I have mentioned earlier.
So now I see why so many people either drop out of college or go back when they are older. It is just to damn expensive especially when a family (like mine) has twins that are in college. The schools offer help, don't get me wrong but they only offer it to those who are dirt poor. What about the middle class? We don't get any assistance? I'm starting to think college is a waste of life and money. Although I will stick with it to have a "good job." Next semester I will have to take out student loans, for a junior college! I did not want to do this until I transferred to a University. Now this seg-ways into my next topic....MY Goals and Career plans.
I have decided that I would like to be a teacher. At first I was skeptical because the education system is crap and teachers were getting laid off left and right. Also the pay is mediocre. As mentioned earlier I work at a Child Care and I love my job 100%. No I' am not gay but I love working with kids and learn something new everyday. I decided I want a career that I will enjoy and the pay is O.K. Hopefully by then the education system will be at it's best. So I have decided that I would like to teach either second or third grade and hopefully after a while, I'd like to be principal of an elementary school. In order to accomplish this I must get through college and pay a million dollars for tutiton, books, and other things that go along with college. There you have it my friends, the craziness in my head for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment